Thursday, August 14, 2008

Can You Kapla?




I don't know how many of you have seen these french blocks but they are awesome. We went to the Lawrence Hall of Science and they had a Kapla building room. They probably had like 50 thousand of these blocks at least. There were enough kids in the room to raise the temperature about 10 degrees, but with the blocks, there was organized chaos with that many children. They were all building and everything looked cool because you can't help but make amazing shapes out of these blocks. I will post more on the hall later, but for now I just wanted to share the joy of these blocks with the rest of you. They are supposed to be as classic and long living as legos without all the planning. Even the adults have fun with these. Here are some pictures for you. Check out their website gallery for cool teaching ideas and creations by Kapla Crazies as I like to call them. Then again, given a trillion Kapla blocks in varying colours, loads of free time and no kids for miles- I really couldn't say that I wouldn't do the same. Love 'em!

Of course I only "assisted" Lucy. I would never deprive her of the learning experience... I had so much fun with her.

No comments: