Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Halloween Crafting

This past weekend Janae came for a visit and we made some Halloween garland, caramel apples, and decorated cupcakes.  I switched out some pictures for some more spooky ones-just to creep the kids out.  I am proud of my bug ones-I think they came out nice.  I layered backgrounds and bug illustrations that I found online and  layered them with vellum.  Thanks to Janae for donating some Halloween paper for our garlands and Aida for making a wonderful Fall tree.  Aida says the sign is removable and she plans on making the tree change with the seasons.  I thought it was pretty clever.  Things have cooled off a little bit here but then we will have a couple of warm days too so the leaves are still pretty green.   It was hot when we took the Madsens to the Ocean City Block Party.  We mostly found a place to park, looked for food to feed the kids and then went home.  The kids made it a little hard to cover a lot of ground but it was a little too crowded for me anyway.  I guess I always like to check these things out.  Maya did enjoy getting her face painted though and Aida thought the chocolate covered bacon was pretty tasty. :)

No comments: