Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Fun










"That scarf looks really good with that jacket, but wus'up with that TAG?!" -Maya




Mark and I have been in NH now for about a week and we are really enjoying spending Christmas with the family.I had some decorating the tree pictures I was saving and I left them at the house-so all of you just have to miss out this year. Christmas this year really was fantastic for several reasons I think. For starters, the girls are really at a great age where there is still the magic but there is also an awareness about the real meaning behind Christmas as well as such an appreciation for each other and family in general.
What I have just loved about Christmas this year is seeing the girls spend some time with their grandparents as well as each other. This year they made presents for each other and they were genuinely grateful for the homemade things they received. When Lucy brought up Aida's piano bench that she had built with Mark and then diligently stained for days with her grandmother, Aida gave her a big hug and spun Lucy around. This after receiving all of those store-bought presents and seeing the look of pride and happiness on Lucy's face really was such a wonderful gift for me and Mark. Lucy has spent the last few days carrying the dog that Aida made for her all around the house. The dog's back opens up for storage and so does the head. Aida painted it all herself. I could go on and on about the consideration of Aida this year but that may be more for my private journal-if and when I keep one :). Just for an example I included a picture of the note she left for Santa. Anyway just thought I would throw on some pix for all of my peeps! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas as well.

1 comment:

Griffiths Ohana said...

Wow Sara! That piano bench would have made me cry! How thoughtfuL! I hope my kids will be more like your kids as they get older and be less materialistic!!