Sunday, August 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Aida

I know this is late, but this is one of those "special birthdays" for Aida. It is hard for me to believe that I have a daughter that is in the "double-digits", a daughter that seems to be moments away from being taller than me-a daughter that is immensely talented in so many ways. I could go on and on about all the ways that she amazes me but I have written many of those to her in my yearly letter to her. Mostly I am proud of the person I see her well on her way to becoming. A girl that is not only smart, beautiful, and talented-but a girl that has an incredible amount of compassion for others, empathy and patience. I have seen her voice her opinion and stand up for what she believes in-a higher "good" and decency that I am not accustomed to in my own personality. It never ceases to amaze my how much we can still learn from our children. It started out with a great humbling that now, at times just becomes a sort of jaw-dropping awe. I love you Aida and here is to being 10 and moving on to the next phase of life as you enter middle school. Here is a bit of Aida through the years. Keep a look out for pix of her ROCKING Party!


Aida at 2 months in her blessing dress made by her Grandma Penney. I can still remember all that hair-it just kept growing and growing. Aida looked like a little doll and was an inspiration to many to have their own children-she was THAT cute.

One Year Old
Still cute-one of the dresses I stressed over making for her. Look at those cheeks!

Two Years Old
Aida always loves the beach. Here she is learning "muddy mountain" building from her cuzzies.

Three Years Old

4 Years Old
The year we moved to New Zealand and had Maya. What a big help Aida was!

5 Years Old
Full of Idears.

6 Years Old

8 Years Old

7 Years Old
Finally got her nerve up to hold one of our butterflies.

9 Years Old
Aida was into monkey bars in NZ BIG TIME at this age.

The Big One-O
Celebrating her actual birthday with family.

4 comments:

janaemadsen said...

I can't believe it- I remember little Aida- happy birthday (a while ago). that cake looks pretty tasty.

angie said...

Oh Sara! She is such a beautiful girl! They really do grow up too fast. Kameron will be in young womans in Dec. It wasn't that long ago that we were there. Aida sounds like such a sweet and loving girl. Happy Birthday Miss Aida! I can't wait to meet you again when you come out to Utah!

Grandma Penney said...

Aida has the BEST smile. She reminds me of her mom.

Jillo said...

What a beautiful girl. She has always had such a sweetness to her!