Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ta Dah

Before

Ooooh After




This is Aida's new and improved bedroom I believe it is painted Jamaican Blue. Before her room was semi-painted and had holes all over the place where bookshelves and tvs were mounted. To top it all off there was a huge office style fluorescent light in there. It did emit a lot of light...
Janae gifted Aida some paint for her birthday and recovered her lampshade. I bedazzled Aida's shelves with "magic pebbles". Originally she wanted to put them all over her walls to make them shine but then WE decided to do the bookshelf instead. :)
The bookshelf needed a bit of a facelift due to some water damage. I thought to myself who could class this bad boy up? Definitely a job for Sara. I honestly don't know how I do it-the inspiration just comes to me....
Being cheap I mean on a budget-I just covered it with scrapbook paper I had lying around( I wanted to buy some cool metallic shelf paper because I thought it would look great with the blue). ...I guess I got a little carried away with the paper but it does look more like a tweeners room and it didn't cost me a dime so I am proud of myself. I wanted to do something with a little more continuity but my paper only came in sheets of two. Aside from a few Selena Gomez posters, we haven't hung anything up yet and we are still thinking about the windows. Sorry for the poor lighting but I took it at night because that is when I do stuff. :)

Still to Do:
Bedding
Pictures
Paint the Trim
Possible bookcase
Clear out Closet

5 comments:

johnm said...

I love it- I think I have that same paper...

me said...

this is way classy, i love it!

angie said...

I love it! It looks great. I really like the lamp shade and bed pillows. The bookshelf turned out awesome... I don't know how you do it either Sara! The ladybugs are adorable. I also love the "keep calm and carry on" I need one of those for my room!

HeatherandTanner said...

Aida is one lucky girl! This is awesome!

The Cammocks said...

Wow Sara, that is some transformation. I am very impressed. You and Mark have done a fantastic job. I am sure that Aida is thrilled with her new room, I would be. How we miss Mark's talent here in the NZ. I am thinking that it must feel really nice to be upgrading things on your own property. I am sure there is a business here for you both on how to redecorate on a shoestring?