Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Word for the Year

I don't actually believe in New Year's resolutions because I figure if you are going to do something do it. For example a popular one is losing weight if you want to lose weight start tomorrow why wait until a new year? I for one have several times during the year that I need to get back on the weight loss wagon and if I gave up waiting for a new year WHOA NELLY! Anyway I thought since everyone else is doing it, I would throw a word out there for the year even though I have been trying to live by it since we moved back to America.

Drum roll please.....Simplify.

I don't feel the need to explain myself just know that that is what I have chosen as my word. Please feel free to use it and give it back when you are done.

4 comments:

janaemadsen said...

I don't know if I like it. Or maybe you are just saying you will spend lots of money at the container store. Which I support.

sivab said...

Janae I am surprised you do not want to embrace my word. When I am ready for my container store run I will give you a call because your expertise will be much appreciated.

The Taylor Family said...

Sara,
I'm with you on your word... I'm working on simplifying my own new leaf. Additionally, although I am a bit behind in checking your blog and this is old news, your new kitchen is fabulous... and yet... simple.

angie said...

Pete and I were just talking about this last night....he mentioned he wanted to take his family and live on an island... No phones, toys, stuff, loud noise etc. Not reality, but it sounded kind of nice. I like your word!