Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Eddie

It is hard to believe but my little Ed has turned 3. When we ask him how old he is he either puts on a cheeky face and says Ed or adamantly states, “4”. I guess four is closer to three than when he said he was eleven, or thirty. So far Ed remains pretty low key but I would be lying if I didn’t say he didn’t act spoiled at times. It is hard to say whether the spoiling is because he is the first boy or because he is the youngest child of my brood. Either way I am just enjoying him at the moment and he is good company during the day. One of my favorite love/hates about Eddie is that he thinks his head is a teatowel. Whenever he gets anything on his hands-stickers, sauce, chocolate, water he has to wipe it off on his hair. I will have to post pictures of those times later. For now here is a picture of him each year until he turned the big 3. We got him a new glide bike, a chocolate bar, a hot wheel, a broken candy cane and some after dinner mints from a restaurant. Not surprisingly he was most excited about the broken candy cane, mints, and chocolate bar. He graciously shared his chocolate until it was gone. We just got home from our vacay on Sunday morning so I wasn’t sure if I would get to the cake or not. I asked him what kind of cake he wanted and he said, “green….big…..a really really big green cake….with skittles”. I had a good laugh when I was talking to my dad on the phone only to have Ed walk by with a chunk of his yet to be frosted cake. I patched it back together as best as I could. I still feel like my cake was a success because I met his criteria for the perfect birthday cake. I even let him help me decorate because I am a nice mom. :)

Happy 0 Birthday Eddie!

Ladies Man

IMG_1945IMG_1956IMG_1952




6 comments:

Jillo said...

As always - cool cake Sara. I can't believe that he is 3! Happy Birthday Ed!

HeatherandTanner said...

How cute! I especially love the very last second of the video!

Chris said...

Brilliant cake. Such a cool little man. Can't believe 3 years ago we were all chatting over icecream while you were going through labor at the Crowne Plaza :)

janaemadsen said...

next time I want to come to the party. Eddie has some really cute clothes- I like the outfit in the first picture.

sivab said...

Thanks all. Janae those old pix are proof that at one time Ed let us dress him cute-you know before he developed a love for pajama pants and swim shorts. I believe I have my sisters to thank for those cute outfits.

angie said...

Ahhhh he's so cute! Happy b-day Ed!