Thursday, January 6, 2011

4-A Delayed post from 3rd January

Today's topic is Ed and his special day.  We actually celebrated his birthday a couple of days ago in New Hampshire but I have to talk about him today anyway.  In the beginnining of last year when asked his age he would say fourteen, eight, twelve, forty whatever then he settled on fourteen and then when people would correct him they would say, "You mean four?  Very good!  What a big boy!" etc. etc.  Since he is a little taller than most he passed for four and he finally got to a place during the second half of the year when he would tell people he was four when asked.
I figured it took so long to teach him to get out of the double digits and he would be four soon anyway so why bother correcting him?  I know good parenting.  :)  It took me and all of his sisters a good part of his fake birthday to persuade him that while he may think he was turning five because as he told us "five comes after four" he was indeed still just four but a real four now on his fake birthday.  It was then that I realized that there was no way that I was going to wish him a Happy Birthday on the third because then it would probably confuse him more.  I can't say this is unique since I think with all of our kids we changed their birthdays to suit our scheduling conflicts. I suppose if you want to get technical his birthday was yesterday because of the NZ time difference-maybe he is five?  Whatevs.

ED FACTS
  • Ed prefers to be called Eddie.
  • Lately Ed loves to be Iron Man only he doesn't know who he is and has morphed Iron Man into a super villain.
  • Ed's favorite Top Gear episode was the one featuring drifting and he was so excited to get a remote control car for Christmas and make it drift on Grandma Ruth's hardwood-thanks Ruth.
  • He loves to break words into syllables.  Don't look at me I couldn't even teach him to count (see above)
  • Ed loves gumballs and jumping.
  • Ed enjoys sharing and to be honest is a bit of a food pusher.
  • Orange is Ed's favorite color. 
  • Ed loves to say "sure".
  • Ed talks about his classmates as "my preschoolers".
  • I really really love Ed!
  • Ed always has something on his face-whose fault is that?
Blowing out his candles with Grandma Ruth.
Pirate Cupcakes from Grandma Penney
Awesomely wrapped present from awesome mom.

    6 comments:

    angie said...

    Awww... he's SO cute Sara! I love all the food and debris on his face... He wouldn't be a true boy without it! Happy Birthday Eddie!

    sivab said...

    Thanks angie b!

    Jillo said...

    Happy Birthday Eddie! Orange is Seth's favorite color too!

    Anonymous said...

    Haps B'day lil Eddie
    Things Ed and Ollie have in common: like to be iron man, fave colour is orange, likes to share.

    sivab said...

    Ashli I miss seeing pix of ollie what happened to your blog? I hope all is well with you.

    tom and jonelle said...

    sqiusshy little Ed.