Monday, October 20, 2008

Old Days



I am tired of looking at the same picture but not quite organized enough to put on some recents so you are getting this oldie but goody that I came upon just now. I can't believe how quickly they grow up and how much they change. At the time you think they are so adorable, unique and memorable that you could never forget that moment in time, but you know what? You do, at least I do anyway. Not in entirety; but small details and simple memories, feelings that are evoked when you are lucky enough to have caught something on video or camera of time or a moment spent with the little ones. It is then that your memory is jogged and nostalgia hits as you are able to recall how they were, how things were. It is strange because as I go along in life I still look at my kids sometimes and I want to freeze time and keep them just as they are. It never happens but as time goes on I continue to enjoy them. I just hope that one day when I am old and gray, I will be able to look at any tangible preservation of memories I will have and smile with the memories. When it comes down to it, it is preservation of ideas, photos, writings, in any way or form that will survive throughout the years. Sometimes, I get down on thinking about how I need to display things better or I don't take a picture because it isn't that great. You know what? Nice pictures are great but when it comes down to it it is the subject matter that is the most important to me not the display. This is all rich coming from someone who has been organizing photos for 9 years but it keeps things in perspective for me and helps me to keep my expectations at a level that they are at least attainable.
This all being said, isn't Aida cute? So different, yet much the same. Look at little Lucy!

3 comments:

me said...

gorgeous kiddies and possibly the cutest pumpkins i have ever seen!

Chris said...

Adorable. You have such cute little people. Miss you guys! I can hear what you are saying even from an Aunt's perspective. When I was in India for 2 weeks, our little Eddie got huge and sort of came alive. At least you have pictures--even if you are constantly "organizing" them.

angie said...

I agree about the subject matter- some of my favorite pictures of my family are just random, lazy, shots. I love them because that's just life! Your girls are so cute in this pic. Aida's little face and cheeks- so adorable!