Sunday, March 8, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake



Not what you were expecting-is it? Yes, it really is just a regular cake with store-bought chocolate cookies stuck all over the sides of it. Maya had the idea for this cake weeks ago and last week we finally made it. She was thrilled. Since we are on the topic of recipes I have to share this great one for pretzels or bagels or chewy bread-like sculptured anything. Since we are having ourselves a Super Saver March, we are attempting to go as long as possible without having to go grocery shopping and takeaways are not allowed whatsoever so we are getting a little creative. For dinner last night the girls shaped their dough into whatever and we also covered some hot dogs in our pretzel dough. I have to admit, I was impressed but I am also starving. I haven't eaten a hot dog in like 5 years so for me to cave last night... In any case, feel free to try the recipe, super easy, way fun and yum yum.

2 comments:

deesha said...

Okay that cake looks delicious! Now that I have read your blog, I am craving chocolate cake and Oreos!

janaemadsen said...

I think that cake looks tasty- I love the super saver march! John and I do that sometimes. Mostly when we are broke, which is often.