Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snowmageddon

“The biggest winter storm in nearly 90 years walloped the Mid-Atlantic states on Saturday, dumping up to 33 inches of snow that shut down the nation's capital, left thousands of people without power and caused flight cancellations nationwide.

President Barack Obama, a snow veteran from Chicago, joked that he encountered "snowmageddon" as he ventured out for a meeting.” The storm was severe, with white-out conditions for much of the day. I did not get a picture because I was too busy staying in my warm house watching the girls play in the blizzard and Mark shovel snow several times throughout the day. It really looked too cold for me so I just left them all to it. Today it was much clearer but still cold so I had Mark snap these pix for me. Most of the snow already melted from the trees taking away from some of the “whiteness” but this is THE Shore people! Plus, I was disappointed because the postal service ceased service so I was unable to get my Red Plum Savings and Atlanticare Medical flyers. I guess I will just have to wait and feed my fixx on Monday…maybe Tuesday. 20100207-IMG_2075 20100207-IMG_2093 20100207-IMG_2105 20100207-IMG_2072

1 comment:

HeatherandTanner said...

Wow! I bet the kids are having a blast!