Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween at School

To be honest the pictures I took of the girls before they went trick or treating were less than blog worthy, and since this blog is of the lowest caliber, what it means is that those pix are one click away from the recycle bin. I started off my day with a parade in which I got to watch SuperBubs and Lucy Montana strut their stuff. I then scrambled home to assemble my monster cupcakes-not in size but in theme. Mark came home and told me they were the coolest pirate cupcakes he has ever seen. Ouch! Maybe a seasick pirate? Anyway here they are.
Nothing is better than sinking your teeth into the teeth of a homemade delight by Sara. :)


Aida's award winning Robot costume. One of her hypnotizing swirlies fell off. They really spun on fans, the mp3 really played robot tunes, the leds did light up and when you pushed the start button other buttons did light up. She had a helmet and gloves but alas we left them at the ward party.

Bubbers when people would ask Maya if she was Supergirl she would say, "No, I am Super WOMAN." I was really surprised when last minute she decided not to be a monster princess-so unlike Maya. Then she insisted on the tiara and I knew my bubs was still my bubs all right.



You guessed it-Hannah Montana. The important thing here is that she really liked her costume.


I was rushed because I decided since I would be standing around admiring the parade with all of my fellow responsible, all-together parents, I would play the part and try to take a shower, fix my hair, put on a decent outfit -I even thought about gracing my lips with some lip gloss (key word is thought). I felt pretty together as I parked the van and threw Ed in the backpack and then stood waiting for the parade-camera in hand for like an hour. My back was breaking I was starting to sweat, but I kept my cool because I want to blend in with the other moms that take good care of their kids. I thought I had pulled it off and was happy to hobble to the car and remove the extra appendage that is Ed in a backpack, only to find that he had the BIGGEST greenest boogers coming out of both nostrils. Way to blow it for me Ed. So much for looking like a good upstanding, responsible parent.

1 comment:

deesha said...

I am impresed - with cupcakes and also with the robot costume! And your kids all look so cute! Even Ed with his green boogers. He is adorable! Also, congrats on voting :)