Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yes I Did


For the very first time in my whole life I voted. I know I know. It was strange though because when I went in there President Palmer wasn't even listed and I had to write him in. I thought for sure they would give him his own spot since he is so popular but I have to admit I am unclear as to whether he is a Democrat or a Republican.
Here's the thing- I was a little unimpressed by the calibor of voting machine used. I mean c'mon folks what the heck was that? I haven't ever voted before so I don't know maybe this is a huge leap in technology but uh hem it looked like something a bunch of highschoolers put together (no offence to any of you highschoolers). I can almost hear them brainstorming ideas until it culminated to the genious idea of cellotaping a large sheet of butcher paper over an oversized panel comprised of a material and technology similar to that of the plastic lid on your favourite fast food beverage. I am not saying it needed to be anything complicated but in its simplicity it was almost more complicated than it needed to be. Was anyone else taken aback by their polling booths or is this just the gripe of a newbie? Shocked and quite frankly a little appalled is what I was. They could have at least had the big robot buttons then I could feel the clunk of finality with each vote I cast for people I didn't know. Jeez!

3 comments:

sivab said...

Voting Machine Problems:
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20081103-analysis-on-elections-eve-problems-again.html

Julie said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh youre all grown up!!

angie said...

Sara! You are adorable on your bike, riding in the fallen leaves! I love that cool seat in the back. It looks so fun. Thanks for your comment. I really appreciated it.