Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween 2009

Maya and Lucy's Pumpkins


Aida went early to a friends house so I missed her "Mad Scientist" costume. Maya's red superhero boots went missing in action after the school parade. Ed had to have his ladybug.


Ed (carved by Corinne) and Aida's pumpkins


My embellishment on the side of Ed's pumpkin while he was still asleep in the morning.

We were fortunate to have fantastic trick or treating weather. It was warm enough to not have to wear jackets-I layered my kids and they cooked because it never cooled off as I threatened them it would. Oops. Don't worry though, there was also a nice warm breeze so the fallish Halloween feel was still in the air.
We didn't get as much as we did last year. I would like to blame it on Thomas the Tank Engine but to be fair, he really did try to go as fast as he could. It was cute to see Ed on his first Trick or Treat adventure. Lucky for us he doesn't remember us emptying his bag into ours. We left him a few treats but by morning his pile had a suspicious amount of m & ms. Turns out the girls had been trading with Ed all morning. I had already taken the really good stuff and Ed likes m&ms so I guess it turned out okay to take advantage of his two-yearoldism.
Aida went with her friend and she fared much better than when I went with my friend in fifth grade-my last year of trick or treating and returned with nothing but pomegranates and pennies. Yes, I will continue to bring it up every Hallween because while the pomegrantes were exceptionally tasty and home grown, you cannot buy 4 pounds of candy with 14 pennies and it simply was not fair.
Our kind neighbors had prepared special goodies for us. Looks like I will finally have a crowd to appreciate my Crafty Christmas Wares. Very nice and considerate of them. Anyway here a couple of pictures I took-we were in a hurry to get loot so sorry they aren't that great. Hope everyone else had a Happy Halloween.

No comments: