Monday, November 9, 2009

Longwood Gardens-As Promised

    A pretty little place that unfortunately  does not have mozzarella cheese or chocolate but still makes me happy!

   -Aida

IMG_1165 IMG_1166

IMG_1174

IMG_1188

IMG_1189

IMG_1191

IMG_1197

IMG_1217

IMG_1226

These were huge.  Apparently the trays all grow around the main plant that sprouts lilies of some sort-I think.  Really quite beautiful.  The kids really wanted to put stuff on them-mainly Eddie.

IMG_1238

IMG_1254

IMG_1267 

IMG_1270IMG_1274

IMG_1277

IMG_1284

IMG_1298

IMG_1306

IMG_1312

IMG_1318 IMG_1320

Most of the pictures I took were from the Children’s Indoor Garden (a worker lady claimed that it was about 18 million dollars to build) where the kids were allowed to smell, pick, touch as much as they want.  The gardens inside and outside were truly amazing.  Unfortunately it was raining pretty steadily off and on and I was busy watching the kids and chatting with the Pettys to take too many outdoor shots.  Also, none of the bajillion fountains were going because they had diverted all the water to the ice-skating rink where they do shows in the winter.  We really want to go back at every season.  It was quite beautiful in the Fall though.

Map picture

6 comments:

deesha said...

Yes, cheese and chocolate make everything better! But those gardens are beautiful without them! I really wish you were here to show me how to use my camera! Your pictures are always beautiful! And baby Mark is just adorable!

janaemadsen said...

that looks like fun... I want pictures of that amusement park in your area. But I also want to be in them.

sivab said...

thanks deesha! You are welcome any time. I should warn you though I do have to take like a 100 pictures for every good one. Thank goodness for digital cameras! Janae, longwood gardens is in PA only like 20 minutes from your old house I think. You should come out in Dec and go to storybook land with danielle and the girls to see all the fairy lights.

Jillo said...

Dex and I were just looking at your blog and Dexter saw the pictures of Ed and siad, "It's Dexter, it's Dexter!" They do look somewhat similar.

sivab said...

Is it weird that I still think of Dexter as a baby? I bet the two of them would have a good time hanging out. When are you going to bring the kids all the way across the country? We can watch them while you two go to Europe. :)

Jillo said...

We are working on it... Are you guys coming out in March?