Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hurricane Ida

The Hurricane came and went leaving destruction in its wake. Luckily for us our house stayed nice and dry because we are the highest house on the block by 2 inches. We decided to pass the time indoors by repainting our kitchen.
I knew it was going to be a lot of work but what I don't like is the waiting. Sorry no pix yet because we still need to do the lower cabinets. Why do the usual chores have to be done while you are renovating?
The kids still like to toss their socks up into the air to achieve the "sock bomb" look of socks on every surface. The dishwasher still needs to be loaded and unloaded a couple of times a day-only it is even more tedious because now I have to find clean, path-free places on the floor to put it all.
So far I think it will be worth it and it is excited to wake up every morning and see what we have done. I will say that the new look is less dismal and has a bit of bling because as you all know I am all about class. I am so happy with the results so far that I have resorted to dragging the neigborhood kids in for a tour. They are obviously not interested but are polite and able to drudge up the enthusiasm I am trying to get from them and tell me it looks great. Hey kids don't lie!

3 comments:

janaemadsen said...

We got the paint for our cabinets- we chose two different colors and I want to get done before you. since John has an exam next Tuesday this will not happen. I bet you want me to visit you next week.

Mike and Mindy said...

Glad you guys are safe. What about Hurricance A-ida?

sivab said...

Janae I have no doubt that you will be able to get done before us since we have a essential piece on backorder for two weeks. Have fun painting we primed and then did 3 coats and still have the bottom cabinets to do.