Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Taste of Victory


Guess who this years blue-ribbon baker for the city is? Of course you know-MOI! I decided to delight the judges with an adaptation of Martha Stewart's Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Cream Cheese Frosting. I would share the changes with you but then it would be giving out my secret blue ribbon recipe. My only hope was that it was not infused with Swiney germs for the judges.

I would like to thank all of those that have supported me in my big win-Mark (even though he is jealous of my scarecrow tike and blue-ribbon), Corinne (my highly capable assistant that actually did most of the work), my dog Tess (for eating the leftovers in my fridge), and of course my dear children (that did not touch them until they found out they were good enough to win an award).

The truth is the only other competitor I had was a pumpkin pie with a small pumpkin in the middle of it waving. Clever yet creepy-I couldn't help but admire the style and the guts of the competition. I was scared the judges would fall for the pun pie. Well looks like taste prevailed and I won out. I admit I was hoping for the 50 bucks they gave to the winner last year but now Ed has a new playmate that doesn't make a mess or demand my best snacks. Short Halloween pix to follow.
Just in case you wanted to see what a blue-ribbon winner looks like.

2 comments:

deesha said...

Congratulations! You always make me laugh! And I must say that those look absolutely delectable!

Jillo said...

Way to go Sara