Monday, September 29, 2008

Pizza Search

I have a fancy camera on my phone, that is my phone has a camera within it...aka a camera phone. It is there to catch those spur of the moment events that take place (provided that I remember to bring it with me in the first place but that would be another post). Lucky for all of you I had this fancy phone/camera device on me on this special day. Plus, I just like it because for once my huge head looks small when compared to the hugest slice ever!
Mark and I couldn't help but notice that pizza and sub places are quite prominent in South Jersey so we thought we would go ahead and try one out- sans kids. This is the first hole in the wall we came across but we were cleaning our filthy house and were starving so we didn't care. I could not get over how BIG the slices were, come to find most slices are this size. Quite the change from the healthy NZ portions that would be the equivalent of a personal pizza slice here. I am in no way condoning these huge portions but I admit they are fascinating. The first few take aways we had while we were homeless, we could only eat half and regretted not just sharing a meal. About one month on and I am ashamed to admit we can now "hold our own". While the take-away pizzas are world's better than what we had in Provo or NZ, we have yet to find THE pizza place. Luckily there is still plenty of time for research...While I enjoy just about any pizza that doesn't have olives or brains on it, my favourite would still have to be pepperoni, mushroom, and onion. What is your favourite topping for a pizza?

4 comments:

Chris said...

A thin based Margharita with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and fresh basil....yum yum yum. So why were you keeping the HUMONGOUS pizza from us? Didn't want to share the real goods eh? And why is everything you pick up to eat in NJ so stinkin HUGE? So far you are on a blogging roll this month sivab!

Mike and Mindy said...

Food so huge that it is borderline impractical to eat = grate.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy this "hot wing pizza" they serve at my local Place for Pizza. It is a white pizza with cheese and chicken, as well as drizzled hot wing sauce and ranch. tasy. I also find that I prefer the thing crust "east coast" style. Is that all they got in Jersey?

me said...

i love pizza, that sure beats the heck out of our pathetically small weekly pizza. Email me a slice :)