Saturday, March 8, 2008

HOORAY FOR AIDA!


Congratulations are in order for awesome Aida. Today she competed in the annual Weet-bix Tryathlon. We were lucky to wake up to clear blue skies and no wind. I am not sure how many children were there, heaps and heaps and HEAPS! It did get a little toastie-roastie running around cheering for Aida but it was so worth it to see her get out there, have a good time, and try her best. I have to admit, I had to switch my camera back to automatic because I really don't know what I am doing and the action was quick.
While I was waiting for her to start swimming, I managed to take several pictures of a lovely brown-haired girl in bright pink togs just like Aida. Sorry Aida. I did manage to get her in a few of them and was relieved to see that I didn't miss her going into the pool. My eyes must be getting old, or more likely, the culprit would be the four hours of sleep I had thinking about the tryathlon.
Not really too much to think about, just thinking about it into the night and again in the wee hours of the morn.

I took one picture of all the kids lined up on the bleachers. This is only like 1/4 of the bleachers. They were packed full of kids, and when they emptied they were packed full with kids AGAIN and AGAIN and I don't know how many times AGAIN! I got too caught up in cheering and didn't get any real good pictures of the action, but I am so proud of her and she had a good time with her buddy Flora.

No comments: