Monday, July 7, 2008

When Ed Got Sick




So Mark is doing a little better now. Every now and again I find a lung he has coughed up on the floor. He just sticks it back in and we have a good laugh about it until it inevitably happens again. Whoa there goes another one! Lucy also got it but she wasn't too bad. The bad thing now is that Ed and Maya have fallen big time. They have raging fevers and snotty noses. Aside from the excessive worry I have, a sick part of me likes it when they fall ill. Remember my half-full post? That is where I am going with this.
Lucky for them I am freezing and they are burning so a simple hug from mom warms mom and brings their fever down. When they are weak and freezing they let me hug them and take care of them without complaint. Like I said sick. Of course I would rather they be healthy and I worry about them. Maya has been saying some really funky things in her delirium. For the most part they don't make sense but after the drugs kicked in she told me she figured out how Eddie got sick. "Mum, Eddie got sick because he used to lick the undersoles of people's shoes. AND because he went in Lucy's sick bed. Huh mum?" So here are the pictures of when Ed allegedly got sick according to Maya. I will spare you of the shots of him licking the "undersoles"-not that I have them because that would be disgusting and I am a good mom and would NEVER condone that kind of yucky behaviour.
Lucky for all I am as healthy as an ox. Too bad the healthy one couldn't have been a more productive member of our family. To think that the order of packing and moving the home hinges upon my procrastinating back is really scary and it should be really unnerving to me. But you have seen my montage, I am just in denial.
I told Mark not to worry because I can really kick it into high gear when it comes time because I work best under pressure. I think he lost his last lung he laughed so hard. Just because I don't see 4 sleeps to go as the end of the wire... I remember when I was packing to leave home for college. I thought it would be no problem and dug right in midnight the night before-yeah not a good idea. It didn't really work out all that well.
Don't get me wrong, I really like the box part of packing-sealing everything up into tidy little squares and then stacking them up like my own little live version of Tetris. What I don't like is dealing with the stuff deemed unworthy for the best game of Tetris in Sara's life.
With that I am off to play some fishdom, I mean pack the playroom.

No comments: