Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Complicated Me

My need for perfectionism has OFTEN caused me to over-complicate things. In my efforts to create a paperless office I have been madly scanning. Going through some of my "kid scans" where I am attempting to scan in their artwork so I can throw away their adorable originals. I was doing a quick proofing when I came across this gem of a page that I had scanned. Time well spent-wouldn't you say? I had to laugh because this pretty much sums up how all of my attempts at "perfection" come out-not at all how I picture them in my mind. It also brings the pleasant memory of how when the girls had cork boards in NZ I discovered one day that they enjoyed keeping their old, used plasters-blood and all as mementos to their injuries, all tacked to the board in a row. Although it was like pulling teeth to get them to get them to put away their clothes, it turns out they were very diligent about keeping their old plasters.

1 comment: