Thursday, February 26, 2009

Last Year

Now that I have my pictures organized and I am a little more settled, I think I am ready to look at NZ pictures without getting all misty-eyed. Okay, I still get a little mist and regret that I couldn't and did not get to DO MORE there but one day...
So here are some pictures of what the children were doing last year during January and February and maybe in a few days you can see what we are doing now :)

Mark was installing this bathroom.

Chocolate Chip Hot Cross buns were out in Baker's Delight Stores.


I was enjoying one of the nicest, warmest swims ever with no crowds.


We went to the Lyttleton Farmer's Market and enjoyed some bacon burgers at 10 in the morning.


We had pet frogs that we raised from tadpoles. I actually still really miss those frogs. Hopefully Bassett Street Kindergarten has kept them alive. At least we didn't leave them with Tom- where we knew their fate would have been sealed- don't make me bring up poor munty's fate.


I took my camera off of automatic mode for the first time. I put Ed in a swing and swung him for a long time trying to perfect an "action" shot. In the end, the pictures depicting "movement" gave me motion sickness every time I looked at them until I deleted them. Freezing is best for me.

Aida was swinging on our washing line. The kids had a lot of good times on that old washing line and I miss it.

Ed was sporting his Euro-shorts at the beach and wasn't timid about showing off the chunky legs.


We were able to create domestic bliss with good friends. Oh to have friends again...


I had a faux hawk and was busy making one of my specialty cakes for Ed's first birthday.


The girls were trying to train Ed to stay in his circle at the beach and not destroy their works.


Ed wasn't afraid of the sand. Now he has a real phobia of sand and snow-he is getting over it, slowly. Don't worry, he is fine-see he just hoarfed up all the sand. Thank goodness for the easy clean of the beach!

Maya would wear skirts as ponchos and sunhats were mandatory. I thought the look worked for her. She doesn't do it anymore and I miss it.

We were able to enjoy lazy days doing nothing at all but enjoying the local views.

Ed was in cloth nappies doing war dances in the backyard.

Our butterflies had hatched for the season and Lucy was thrilled to have them to play with.

4 comments:

me said...

those frogs were so cool, Xanthe was really excited about them

Chris said...

Now this is exciting--Sara's pix. Keep em coming. Some awesome photos you have. Glad you finally got them organized and ready to share :)

bmark said...

Check out the top picture's video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sObapl-srxI

angie said...

Beautiful pics Sara! How wonderful to have lived there!