Friday, May 2, 2008

Half Full

Mark already knows this about me but I am one to see the glass as half-full. Always have been. The last couple of mornings have been chilly, but bearable. This morning it was chilly and it was rainy. Thank goodness for th rain to take good ol' Aoteroa out of its drought. I had to wonder if the girls still had their cross country race on through Bottle Lake Forrest. "Just a little rain" I thought. Then it started to look like it was going to clear, then rain, blah blah. We loaded the girls up into the car and off to the forest they went. About 1 minute into their drive I look out the window and all has turned to custard outside-absolute "cus-tud". I didn't think to snap a shot at the time but here is the aftermath so you can get an idea. Now I don't like to be cold or brave so I sent trusty Maya out because let's face it someone had to go and she is crazy. Sorry the pix aren't that great but I had to take them through the window, mustn't let that weather grace my pretty face. :)
Before you go thinking that I am a bad mum, look at her face-she likes it and I did wait for the hail to stop before sending her out. Doesn't it make it so much more interesting to have a subject in the photo?Now back to being half-full. I don't let this freezing cold, hail, and weeping windows get me down because for the first time in 5 years, my pink-batts free home has this:

Complete with


Words cannot express the gratitude I have for this heat pump this winter. It hasn't even gotten that bad yet, but I can see why my sanity was tested during winter. For the past five winters I have woken up looked at my weeping windows, gotten dressed and put on my sweatshirt, jacket, wool hat and wool boots-just to be comfortable in my HOUSE! Yes folks it would get that cold day in day out. I could see my breath in the morning-many times I think it would have been warmer outside. How often do we stop and appreciate the small things in life like having a heater? In some areas a heater maybe would be a small comfort but then there are places like good ol' Christchurch that it is a necessity. So I ask you-Have you expressed thanks for your heating device lately? Here's to finishing out our last winter in Christchurch strong! Like I said, Half-full, you should try it sometime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why am I up at 2:05 am? No bother, glad I am! I am going to go kiss my wall unit ...Or whatever its called?

sivab said...

Glad you stopped by Ingrid or was it Gertrude or neither? I am happy that you have captured the true essence of this post. I hope that I can provide you with further inspiration soon. Give it a kiss from me while you're at it-eh?