Sunday, May 11, 2008

Yeah for Mums!


I didn't feel right about letting Mother's Day go by without expressing my gratitude for the ones who started it all-Ruth and Penney. Thank You! Those two little words are not enough for all that you have taught us, sacrificed for us, given us, or loved us.
I am so grateful for Ruth and her unwavering faith, support and for the wonderful son that she has raised to in turn be a wonderful father and husband.
I enjoy this picture of young Markus and his mother because it is classic of something a mother would do to bring a little happiness to their child's day. Another reason I really like it is that it was actually taken in Mexico. Mark's parents used to do tape recorder interviews with their children so they could hear their voices. Mark and his family have been fortunate enough to have been able to travel all over the world. When Mark's father asked him where he was going to serve his mission, he responded "Mexico". Wouldn't you know it Mark did serve his mission in Mexico! Coincidence perhaps, still relevant to the photo. It meant a lot to Mark to get letters from his mother while serving his mission. So, on that tangent, we love you Ruth!


Okay, next mum. My mum, Penney. Where to start? I chose this picture because it is one that is forever etched in my mind and because it really typifies what being a mother is like at times. I am often walking around with a child hanging onto my leg slowing my progress down to a near standstill. The difference is my mum did it with TWO and another in her arms. Mum, I don't know how you did it but you did and you survived, we survived! I am in awe over your mad mum skills and in even more awe as I watch you continue to worry over us and love us no matter what. Lots of Love to you!

Thank you Mums and We hope you both have the happy Mother's Day you deserve.

4 comments:

lilylilylilylilyllylilylilylily said...

YOU DID A GREAT JOB! THANKS SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO WRITE AND SHARE THE LOVE. I TOO LOVE THAT PHOTO OF THE TWINS AND GINA...GOOD TIMES. YOU ARE THE BEST MUM FOR YOUR WONDERFUL FAMILY AND THEY DO ADORE YOU..AS THEY SHOULD!! LOVE, MOM

Anonymous said...

Deep Sara, very deep...I really enjoyed your comments and loved the photos you posted. Thanks for sharing. I certainly have good and bad moments, but can't believe that a mother's happiness would decline until the kids leave home. I absolutely, hands down, am happier having my kids around...
-Heather

angie said...

Sara!! I just found your blog and I love it! You have a beautiful family and it is so fun to see what your kids look like. They are all so cute. Aida looks a lot like you. Don't they grow up fast? It will be fun to keep up with your family. I'm glad you're blogging...now, get Rachel to!

nobody said...

It is really hard to notice who is who.