Thursday, May 29, 2008

"Look At YOU..."


This morning Aida had to leave earlier for school because she had choir, which meant I actually had to walk Lucy to school myself. All the way to school and on the way back I got all kinds of "look at you", "way to go", "aren't you with it!". It had been awhile since any of the parents have seen me since I have been making them take themselves to and from school since Master Ed was born and that one pesky parent moved in... but that is another story. I was thinking either I looked great and no one has noticed the extra kilos that have moved in since winter began, or I looked horrible and am one of those that "just shouldn't wear leggings". Then it dawned on me. Today was Crusader day at school. The kids were allowed to wear red and black mufti instead of their school uniforms. I looked down and sure enough who was literally covered head to toe in red and black-right from the beanie on my head, to the RED gloves, and the black boots? To my horror Ed was also dressed completely in red and black right down to his black and white shoes. I had helped the girls get into their red and black for the day but I just didn't even think about it as I rushed to get myself and Ed ready to walk Lucy. Cool when planned, unintentional is embarrassing. So, to play it off all I have to say is "GO CRUSADERS!"
Just as a little side note as part of my effort to record some of typical NZ moments so that when I move I can always remember my special time here I took the following photo:

I thought the blue colour cast added just the right touch. That's right folks that condensation is inside my house. The heat pump in the front room has cut out having to clean like 8 windows but there are still the bedrooms to consider. Here is mine. I hate getting out of bed in the morning. If you can blame me for that you must be some kind of super freak. Hope the rest of you are enjoying your summers.

3 comments:

shamwow said...

Sara I have to say you look really cute, I only wish that big black thing wasn't infront of your face. I always knew you were one for school spirit. Love- Gina

janaemadsen said...

I love your crusader outfit. I think we need more photos of you.
Too bad about the windows- we had a playgroup at my house and a bunch of kids colored on my windows with crayons. I don't like those kids.

Anonymous said...

That "Save Me" is tres creepy...