Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Fine Balance Preread

A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry

It is rare that I ever read a book that the cover isn't comprised of flouresent colours and bold, white lettering for the title but on occasion there is the odd neutral cover and this is one. I had to go for it when I found it and it had a huge Joan the Book Fanatic sticker on it proclaiming, "UNPUTDOWNABLE". Just like that in all caps and everything. Jan says, "I can't believe there are still people out there that have not read this book. It is one of my all time favourites." Okay Joan, game on. I don't know Joan or why I should heed her advice but since I will basically read anything put in front of me I can't turn down the challenge and I absolutely do not want to be one of those heathens that have not read it. So, here I go...
Oh, I just saw it on amazon and it was an Oprah Book Club choice as well AND the cover in America is red and black. Maybe it is a good book. Colour requirement tick, Joan tick, and Oprah tick. Now I am really excited to read this masterpiece written by a genius writer.

No comments: