Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me


Mark made me a lovely old-fashioned chocolate fudge cake. The sauce was yummy and caramelly. Thank you Mark for all your effort and hard work! Unfortunately Ed was sleeping, but he woke up in time to partake of the yumminess.


Action Shot. I had to move my head all around to blow out all the candles. The girls thought it was hilarious and were amazed at my mad candle-blowing-out skills.


I turned the balloons into a canvas shot. The girls hung three on one side to represent the 10's and two on the other to represent the ones-hence 32 years. The sign in the middle unrolls to reveal "Happy 32end Birthday Mum".


Maya made me a special princess kite out of her favourite princess drawing paper. I can't wait to take it flying!


Maya also chose a special snowglobe of Christchurch for me.

After a few days of allergy attacks(posts to follow) and now a bout of strep throat, I was able to have a lovely birthday thanks to Neurofen with codeine. Unfortunately we missed out night with friends because I was so doped up on sudafed I could hardly see straight the night before. After a couple nights of rest and a long nap I awoke to a nice birthday celebration. The kids and Mark showered me with New Zealand souvenirs to take back to America with us. Here is a little collage showing some more of my special treasures. My family sure knows how to spoil me. Thank you thank you thank you. Love to all-Sara.

3 comments:

Claire said...

Happy Birthday!

angie said...

Happy Birthday sara! I thought of you and Rache on "flag day" I do every year! Glad it was a good one. We are getting old, huh?

sivab said...

Thank you birthday well-wishers! I can't believe how fast it has all gone by. Ang, I am happy to know that our Flag Day tactics worked!