Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I Have Mine Do You Have Yours


I have installed the new Firefox 3.0 Browser-have you? I have fully loaded it with any and practically all add-ons. So far the ones that I am really enjoying are the PicLens and the Faviconize Tab. PicLens basically will turn any group of movies and photos into a 3D browser wall much like the ones seen on an Ipod Touch where the pictures are zooming all around and you can move in and out. So, if you do a search on amazon, youtube or smugmug the photos zoom all around and it is fast! I like my smugmug galleries but when I launch piclens the pictures are shooting around like starwars and it so easy to go through a bunch of pictures at once. Seriously like thousands all at once it is fantastic! Faviconize just makes it so my tabs are shrunk to the width of a favicon so now instead of fitting like 5 tabs at once, I can fit like 50? Not that I would do that. I have also added me.dium-iwhich basically enhances the facebook experience and you can surf pages with your friends via the internet and stumbleupon which will find other webpages that are of the same genre and sort them or something. I don't anticipate using the last two but I like to keep apprised of what is out there. There is also a cool add-on that you can synch your bookmarks with other computers and one that makes for a family-friendly surfing experience. Anyway piclens and faviconize are my pics and the firefox zoom in tool (already built-in) is awesome for magniying webpages. There is also a lds toolbar that you can add on that makes it easy to search the lds.org website you can toggle languages, look up a scripture or a lesson at the touch of a button. It is really cool because it has a dropdown menu for lds sites by category, geneology, canning, scrapbooking. For those of you that aren't using firefox-what are you thinking?! Just kidding, it was a change for me but I am telling you I have been using it for a couple of years now and it is pretty cool.

2 comments:

janaemadsen said...

firefox just stopped working on my computer- but I have windows vista so maybe they have tried to sabatoge it.

sivab said...

I am sorry to hear that your firefox went kaput. Maybe you overworked him? Vista does have a tendency to sabatoge though, I had to go back to XP.