Monday, June 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Anna





Once a year Maya decides to have a birthday for her favourite stuffed animal, her cat named Anna. Maya made all of the pony placemats and promised to help me with the cake. She requested a strawberry pony cake. Now everyone knows I have mad skills with cakes so this was going to be a real piece of cake! I went ahead and made a chocolate one because it is not strawberry season and chocolate cakes are the easiest to make anyway. I figured I would slap on the pink frosting, call it strawberry and we would be good as gold. Due to Maya's immense intelligence, she was able to infer from the dark colour of the batter that it was not strawberry. I told her I didn't have the ingredients for strawberry cake. She said "OHHH 'cause you don't have any strawberry cocoa huh mum?" Sigh. I didn't fell like going into the cocoa explanations so I just agreed. I know it is going to haunt me when she leaves home and ventures off to the store to find strawberry cocoa. OH well, I am sure her and her roomies will have a good laugh over it all. Maybe by writing this down I will remember to tell her. I was also lacking the appropriate food colouring but Maya was understanding about it seeing as to the girls were the ones that used up all the red the other day when they were busy putting fake blood (aka my red food colouring) all over themselves to fool Mac. I decided it was time to hand over the reigns and I let them decorate the cake all themselves. I know they are still a ways away from one of my creepy masterpieces but I did give them a start with the pastel. It won't be long now...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cake looks good. Tell the girls I am really impressed. I remember recieving my first Sara cake on my 18th birthday (14 years and one day ago) with your mad cake decorating skills. If I recall correctly, dark chocolate cake, vanilla frosting, and blue gel frosting. Good times. I also remember many a party cake to follow...

janaemadsen said...

I am officially declaring July 3 my invisible friend's birthday- John should make me a cake. What a fantastic idea!

me said...

I would love to see one of these creepy masterpieces you speak of. I need to steal someone else's awesome birthday ideas to compete with nic's sister

sivab said...

Ali I plan on doing a cake gallery sometime in the future. I have concerns about the cakes scaring any littlies that may come across my blog.