Thursday, June 5, 2008

Cookies y Moss


I hope this won't gross any of you health nuts out, but after my gluttonous post yesterday I actually for some reason decided to make these today. One of the things I am going to miss about old NZ are some of the cookies I have come to know and love. For some reason, I really enjoy Griffins Hundreds of Thousands. I could eat a whole bag. I don't like the Arnotts ones which look like they should be comparable in taste, just square instead of round. They are not worth even one kilojoule in my book. I found out the reason why, Griffins obviously is more bad for you than Arnotts. I decided to try to bake this delicious morsels so that I wouldn't miss them when we have to return to America. Um, yeah, mine wound up tasting just like da da da daaaaa.....sugar cookies with pink frosting and sprinkles. They are really good sugar cookies. Too bad they cost me like 3 dollars in butter to make.
To make sure to instill in my children the good values of living a healthy lifestyle in spite of my f&c and chronic cookie baking habits I decided to take them to our local pool to watch the Olympic hopefuls at the Oceania Swim Finals held right here at Christchurch's QEII. It was fun to hang out with Aida and Lucy, just a little appetizer for tomorrow nights High School Musical Ice Tour. I know I can feel your jealousy already! Anyway, we got to see Moss Burmester in action. He took the gold whenever the Aussies weren't winning it. The swimmers were awesome to see in action. I have to admit the new "X-Men" swimming suits are actually pretty cool in "real life", don't go by how ugly they look in pictures. I am thinking of picking one up myself. We did have to leave a little early because the last event was the 1500 meter freestyle and we just couldn't wait the 10 whole minutes it was going to take them to swim it. Afterall, I had a blog I had to get home to! All in all good times, just wish I had brought my camera and some paper for autographs.

2 comments:

shamwow said...

Cookies look delicious, they look like they're straight out of a professional bakery. And for a second I thought that was a swimming picture of me doing the butterfly, but then I saw the NZ cap. Nice action shot, Jason is hoping to go to a photo club tonight to learn how to use his camera better.

tom and jonelle said...

shame you didnt have your camera with you,you photo would have been so much better than average action shot of the kiwi swimmer.